Praying beside the names of the victims on the walls of the Pinkas Synagogue. The present building is the work of the Horowitz family. In 1535, it built Aaron Meshullam Horowitz from his house "U Erb?" And the Old Jewish Cemetery. After World War II, the synagogue became a monument to the Jews of Bohemia and Moravia murdered by the Nazis. On its walls are inscribed the names of the Jewish victims, their personal data, and the names of the communities to which they belonged. In 1968, however, the Monument was closed due to groundwater seepage, which threatened the building structure. During insulation work were discovered underground spaces, an old well and a ritual bath. The communist regime intentionally delayed the repair work and the inscriptions were removed. It was not possible until 1990 to complete the building modifications. Finally, between 1992-1996, the 80 000 names of Czech and Moravian Jewish victims of Nazism were written on the walls again. On the first floor of the Pinkas Synagogue is exposure of children Drawings Terezín, 1942-1944. Among the prisoners at Terezin had over 10 000 children under age 15 to be captured. In 8000 of them sent to the east, about 242 survived the war. The Jewish Museum has more than 4000 original drawings of these children in their collection. They are a moving testimony of his cruel fate and practically the only memory gives those who did not survive. Most were deported to Auschwitz, where they were exterminated. Javier Castro.